Skip Navigation

Riding Establishments

Any business keeping horses to let them out for hire or riding instruction must be licensed under the Riding Establishments Acts 1964 and 1970.

We will carry out an inspection and will require a report from a veterinary surgeon. In deciding whether to issue a licence, we must consider whether a person appears to be suitable and qualified, either by experience in the management of horses or by being the holder of an approval certificate, or by employing someone who is qualified. The licence will be issued subject to any conditions imposed and payment of the licence fee plus any vets fees if incurred.

Licences are renewable on an annual basis.

Powered by GOSS iCM