Skip Navigation

How to apply for housing

To apply for Housing Association accommodation you need to be on the housing register in the council area where you want to live.

If you are interested in affordable home ownership, you also need to be on the waiting list held by Southwest Homes (opens in a new window).

If you are already a housing association tenant and would like to move you may be eligible for a mutual exchange. This is where you enter into a legal agreement with your landlord and swap homes with another housing association or council tenant. Your landlord will have more information or you can visit the home swapper website (opens in a new window).

  • Dorset HomeChoiceHousing Register

    Dorset HomeChoice: view properties for Christchurch, East Dorset, North Dorset, Purbeck, West Dorset, and Weymouth & Portland, and apply for social housing.

Powered by GOSS iCM
Feedback Form