Christchurch and East Dorset Core Strategy - Local Plan Examination in Public (EiP)
The Christchurch and East Dorset Core Strategy - Local Plan was submitted to the Secretary of State on 15 March 2013 for independent examination.
Mrs S Turner RIBA MRTPI IHBC BArch MSc was appointed by the Secretary of State as the Planning Inspector to undertake the Core Strategy Examination in Public.
Adoption of the Core Strategy
The Inspector appointed by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government to examine the Councils' joint Core Strategy has published her Report and has found the Plan sound.
- Christchurch and East Dorset Core Strategy Inspector's Report (pdf, 308kb) (opens in a new window)
- Appendix to the Christchurch and East Dorset Core Strategy Inspector's Report (pdf, 461kb) (opens in a new window)
The Core Strategy will now be taken to Christchurch Full Council meeting on the 22 April 2014, and to East Dorset Full Council meeting on the 28 April 2014 for formal adoption.
Adoption of the Core Strategy - advice to applicants
Following receipt of the Inspector's Report on the Christchurch and East Dorset Core Strategy that found the plan sound, the Councils intend to move toward adoption at the end of April.
The Councils have issued an advice note (pdf, 106kb) (opens in a new window) to provide guidance to applicants for planning permission and their agents on how current and future planning applications will be determined in respect of Core Strategy policies.
The guidance applies from 14 March 2014, and also covers the adoption process and guidance on saved local plan policies which will remain in force after the adoption of the Core Strategy.
For further information concerning the EiP previously dealt with by the Programme Officer, please now contact Simon Trueick.
The Hearing Sessions
The Hearing Sessions commenced on Tuesday 10 September 2013 and lasted for three weeks.
The Hearings were held at the Christchurch Borough Council, Council Chamber, Civic Offices, Bridge Street, Christchurch, BH23 1AZ with the exception of the Hearing Session on Wednesday 11 September 2013 that was held in the Minster Hall, The Allendale Centre, Wimborne.
Main Modifications Consultation
Christchurch and East Dorset Councils ran a Main Modifications consultation between 11 December 2013 and 22 January 2014. It was in response to modifications the Inspector confirmed were required to make the Core Strategy a sound document.
6 September 2013 Notification from the Inspector
A note from the inspector (pdf, 46kb) (opens in a new window) was received regarding the new suite of emerging National Planning Practice Guidance.
The following statements have been received:
- Letter from Natural England, Other Matters VTSW4 (pdf, 15kb) (opens in a new window)
- Matter 1 - overall strategy
- Matter 2 - Green Belt
- Matter 3 - strategic allocations: general matters
- Matter 4 - strategic allocations: Christchurch
- Matter 5 - strategic allocations: East Dorset
- Matter 6 - Bournemouth Airport
- Matter 7 - housing
- Matter 8 - economic development / employment
- Matter 9 - town centre and retail issues
- Matter 10 - environmental issues
- Matter 11 - other matters
- Matter 12 - implementation and monitoring
- Matter 13 - overview of housing capacity
- Matter 14 - omission sites
Statements of Common Ground
A series of Statements of Common Ground have been received (last updated 13 November 2013).
A series of position statements have been received.
Letters from respondents with Councils' replies
- Letter from Mr R Cutler, Bloombridge Development Partners on behalf of Mr and Mrs Glover (pdf, 114kb) (opens in a new window) (added 16 October 2013)
- Response to Mr R Cutler from the Councils (pdf, 50kb) (opens in a new window) (added 16 October 2013)
The Councils' Opening Statement
Christchurch and East Dorset Councils provided an Opening Statement (pdf, 195kb) (opens in a new window) at the beginning of the hearing sessions.
The submission, core, supporting and further documents are available to view and download which were submitted to the Secretary of State as part of the inspection process. Please note that these documents were regularly added to throughout the examination period of the Core Strategy.
The Pre Hearing Meeting
The Inspector held the Pre Hearing Meeting on Tuesday 30 July 2013 at Christchurch Borough Council, Council Chamber, Civic Offices, Bridge Street, Christchurch, BH23 1AZ.
- Pre Hearing Meeting Agenda (pdf, 61kb) (opens in a new window)
- The Inspector's Notes from the Pre Hearing Meeting (pdf, 177kb) (opens in a new window)
Inspector's Guidance Notes
The Inspector's Guidance Notes (pdf, 105kb) (opens in a new window) are available and provide information about the Examination of the Core Strategy. They are intended to assist with the efficient running of the Examination.
Draft Matters and Issues
31 July 2013 the Inspector published her updated Draft Matters and Issues.
Further Information as requested by the Inspector
Notes from the Procedural Meeting held on 11 June 2013
Correspondence to the Inspector from Christchurch and East Dorset Councils
Documents Supplied to the Inspector by Respondents
- Letter from Boyer Planning to East Dorset District Council (pdf, 387kb) (opens in a new window)
- Letter from Jackson Planning (pdf, 108kb) (opens in a new window) (added 10 September 2013)
- Letter and Report from Tetlow King on behalf of West Parley Parish (pdf, 201kb) (opens in a new window) (added 25 September 2013)