Family Information Service
Details of how the Family Information Service can help you and your child.
What support does the Family Information Service offer?
We provide information to:
- parents and carers
- prospective parents
- young people
- professionals who work with families
Support can start from pre-birth until your child's 20th birthday. If your child is disabled it can last till their 25th.
Visit and like our Facebook page (opens in a new window) for more.
Family Information Directory
Our directory (opens in a new window) can help you find services in Dorset. This includes:
- childcare, schools and colleges
- children's centres
- family support such as health, counselling, drugs and bullying
- activities like holiday clubs, scouts, sport, drama, parent and toddler groups
- national support groups
You can also find out about Dorset's Local Offer (opens in a new window). Our Local Offer provides information on local provision for children and young people who:
- are disabled
- have special educational needs (SEN)
Read and sign up to our parent newsletter.
Can't find the information you need?
Our Outreach Team support individual families who need extra help finding information.
Contact the FIS.