This page gives you data on tourism and details for further information.
Keyfacts on tourism in Dorset, 2013
- 14.5 million nights are spent in Dorset a year by visitors
- 26.3 million day trips are made to the area over the year
- Visitors (staying and day trippers) spend £1,767 million over the year
- 48,565 people (36,217 FTEs) work in tourism related employment
- 14% of all Dorset employment relates to tourism
Source: The Economic Impact of Dorset's Visitor Economy 2013, South West Research Company Ltd (2014). Figures include, Bournemouth,Poole and Dorset
More detailed data
- The Visit Dorset website has a whole section on research and data that is available on the Dorset area. Access the Visit Dorset - Research (opens in a new window) section here.
- The South West Tourism Alliance (opens in a new window), the industry-led consortium supporting the industry since the closure of South West Tourism in 2011, may also be able to provide assistance for a more regional picture.
Visitor numbers at selected attractions 2002-2012
This page gives visitor numbers for some of the Dorset attractions.