Skip Navigation

Self-drive boat licences

iStock - Speed boat

Anyone wishing to use a self drive motor boat or other craft in British rivers and canals is required to register. Alternatively they must obtain a British waterways licence, or pay a toll.

The registration certificate usually expires on 31 March each year and requires renewal. Renewal reminders are sent out each year during March (although this may differ from borough to borough).

Lyme Regis self-drive boats are licensed to go one mile only from the harbour mouth. West Bay is starting a similar operation in 2009.

Powered by GOSS iCM