Skip Navigation

Health and Safety advice for employers

Employers have a legal duty to secure the health and safety of employees and others. Here you will find information to help you.

Report an accident at work


Relevant Link

A-Z of Health and Safety TopicsFind a specific topic on the Health and Safety Executive Website (opens in a new window)
Look after your businessFind out how Health and Safety is good for your business (opens in a new window)
Health and Safety made simpleFind out how to keep Health and Safety simple (opens in a new window)
WorkWell Dorset PartnershipFind out about Health and Safety enforcement in Dorset
Health and Safety Executive BulletinsFind out how to sign up for free emails to keep up to date (opens in a new window)
Business LinkFind start up advice for  new businesses (opens in a new window)
Health and Safety PublicationsMany guidance documents (opens in a new window) are free to download
Health and Safety ConsultantsDatabase of Registered Health and Safety Consultants (opens in a new window)
Health at Work

Find out about Occupational Health Surveillance (opens in a new window) Find out how to improve  Health and Wellbeing in the Workplace (opens in a new window) Contact the  Health at Work Adviceline (opens in a new window) for assistance

Fire SafetyFind out how to write a Fire Risk Assessment (opens in a new window)
Gas SafetyFind a Registered Gas Safe Engineer (opens in a new window)
Personal SafetyFind advice on Staying Safe (opens in a new window)
Product SafetyFind advice on product safety and services from Trading Standards (opens in a new window)
Safety in Care HomesThe  Care Quality Commission (opens in a new window) deal with standards expected in Care Homes and Hospitals
Statistical InformationFind statistics on accidents in the workplace from Health and Safety Executive (opens in a new window)
Online Registrations and LicencesFind out how to apply

If you feel that a Local Authority Officer has given you advice about health and safety which you feel is incorrect or goes beyond what is required to control the risk adequately you should initially raise this with the officer or their line manager. If you feel the matter is not resolved the Independent Regulatory Challenge Panel (opens in a new window) will look into your complaint. If after raising your complaint with the panel you are still not satisfied, you can make a complaint through the relevant council's complaint page

Contact WorkWell Dorset

WorkWell Dorset contacts

Powered by GOSS iCM