Skip Navigation

Family and Friends Care

Looking after the child of a family member or friend? Find out more.

We believe that children and young people should live with someone they know. Sometimes this is with family or a friend, or someone they have an existing relationship with. There are different types of arrangements.

Connected persons foster care

In Dorset, we always try to place a child with someone they know if they can't live with their parents. This is called connected persons foster care.

These carers will be assessed, approved and supported as foster carers specifically for the child they know.

See our fostering pages for more information about fostering.

Powered by GOSS iCM