DCC [3kb]
Skip Navigation

Complaints to Dorset County Council

When you are concerned or dissatisfied with a service we provide or we do not meet your expectations.

Are you complaining or reporting a problem?

Reporting a problem on the road or pavement, like a pothole, faulty street light or blocked drain? Reporting the issue direct will save you time, and your enquiry will be dealt with quicker. It also saves resource and administration costs, which we can put back in to front line services.

What is a complaint?

A formal complaint may be defined as an expression of dissatisfaction about the lack of action or with the standard of service provided by Dorset County Council.

What happens to complaints?

Your complaint will be passed to the complaints team who wherever possible will try to resolve your complaint for you. You will receive an acknowledgement within 3 working days.

Your complaint will be considered by the appropriate procedure and a response sent to you within the relevant timescale.

If you remain unhappy after your complaint has been considered by the council you can ask the Local Government Ombudsman (opens in a new window) to examine your complaint.

For further information download our Comments, Compliments and Complaints Guidance for Customers (pdf, 547kb) (opens in a new window)

There are separate complaint procedures for some services:

How to make your complaint

You can make your complaint online:

Make a complaint here

Or you can write to us

Complaints Team
Business Reply Licence number RRYH-AGJZ-TRGG
Dorset County Council
County Hall
Colliton Park

Or phone us

01305 221061

Powered by GOSS iCM