Universal Credit eligibility
If you are not already claiming benefits, you will need to claim Universal Credit, unless:
- you (and your partner) are Pensionable Age
- you have three or more children living with you
- you are entitled to the Severe Disability Premium (SDP)
- you are living in temporary accommodation or a property where you receive care and support from your landlord, you would need to claim Housing Benefit for help with your rent and Universal Credit for help with living expenses
- in certain circumstances if you have received Housing Benefit in the last month ( contact us to confirm)
If you are not sure, you should check if you are eligible on the Universal Credit Info site.