Socitm Better Connected 2016 assessment
Every year the Society of IT Managers (Socitm) does an annual review of all council websites called 'Better Connected'. In the latest results released in 2016, Dorsetforyou.com partner councils achieved positive results.
After thorough testing of how easy it is to find and complete a number of tasks as well as the overall usability of the website, all 407 councils receive an overall rank from 1 to 4 stars. Dorsetforyou.com partner councils received the following:
4 star (top ranking)
- Dorset County Council - maintaining their 4 star ranking from 2015
- North Dorset District Council - North Dorset have progressed from 3 stars in 2015 to 4 stars this year
- West Dorset District Council - West Dorset progressed from 3 stars in 2015 to 4 stars this year. They also won second place in an award for the 'Best Shire District'
- Weymouth and Portland Borough Council - Weymouth and Portland progressed from 3 stars in 2015 to 4 stars this year. They also won third place in an award for the 'Best Shire District'
3 star (above average)
- Christchurch Borough Council
- East Dorset District Council
- Purbeck District Council
Whilst the results are pleasing, there is still plenty of room for improvement. The dorsetforyou team always analyse the reports for each partner council to help inform and prioritise improvements.
Martin Bottomley, dorsetforyou.com Website Manager, said: "I am pleased that so many of the partner councils achieved the top rating which reflects the hard work which has gone in to dorsetforyou.com. We are committed to constantly improving our site so that it is as easy as possible for customers to use."