Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Licensing a venue for marriages and civil partnerships

Before you apply

You should read the guidance notes and fire safety advice before submitting an application.​ We recommend that you contact us to arrange a visit to your premises before you submit an application.

Apply for a licence

Download the Approved Premises Licence application form.

Licence costs

The licence will be valid for a minimum of 3 years. You can apply to renew your licence if it expires in less than a year.

Licence costs
Type of licence1 April 20181 April 2019 
Licence application £1060 £1076  
Renewal of licence £1060 £1076 
Review of decision (the fee will be refunded if the original decision is not upheld) £515  £515

Public Notices for current licence applications

Dorset County Council, which is responsible for the registration of births, deaths, civil marriages and civil partnerships in Dorset, wishes to give notice that the following have applied for a venue to be approved under Section 26 (1)(bb) of the Marriage Act 1949, as amended and under Section 6 (3A)(a) of the Civil Partnership Act 2004 as amended) as a venue for the solemnisation of civil marriages and civil partnerships.

NameAddressClosing date



The application, together with a copy of the plan of the premises, is being held by the Proper Officer for Registration and may be viewed at the Dorset History Centre, Bridport Road, Dorchester, DT1 1RP, during normal office hours.

Any objection concerning the proposed grant of approval for the premises below should be sent in writing to Paul Leivers, Proper Officer for Registration at County Hall, Colliton Park, Dorchester, Dorset DT1 1XJ by the closing date shown.

Register a building for religious worship and marriage

Contact us for information about how to register a building for religious worship and religious marriage, or if you wish to apply to register a religious building for the solemnization of marriages.

Rate this page

Have some feedback?

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.