View or comment on a premises licence application
Find out which applications have been submitted in your area, how to comment on a licence application and what to do if you are experiencing problems from a licensed premises.
Christchurch Borough Council
- an application to vary the premises licence for Noisy Lobster, Avon Beach, Christchurch, any representations need to be received by 12 October 2018
East Dorset District Council
North Dorset District Council
Purbeck District Council
- an application to vary a premises licence at Wareham Forest Lodge Retreat, Holton Heath, Poole , any representations need to be received by 19 October 2018
- a new application for a premises licence at Swanage & Wareham R.F.C, Bestwall, Wareham, , any representations need to be received by 23 October 2018
- a new application for a premises licence at Oak Cottage, Shitterton, Bere Regis, Wareham, any representations need to be received by 06 November 2018
West Dorset District Council
Weymouth and Portland Borough Council
Comment on an application
Before you start
Representations and can be either for or against the proposals in an application.
- be made in writing
- be received within the 28 day consultation period (this starts the day after the application has been received by us)
- be based on one or more of the licensing objectives
- state clearly the reason for objection and which licensing objective it relates to
The licensing objectives are:
- the prevention of crime and disorder
- the prevention of a public nuisance
- public safety
- protection of children from harm
Representations are not treated as confidential and your name and address will be included in the public report and be given to the applicant. If you wish don't want your details to be included, contact your local councillor or parish council who may be able to make representations on your behalf.
You can contact us to discuss the issues with an application before submitting any representations.
Comment on an application in North Dorset, West Dorset, Weymouth and Portland
You can view current applications and make representations by searching the premises register. You will need to register first to make comments.
Comment on an application in Purbeck
Comment on an application in Christchurch and East Dorset
After you submit a comment
If we decide that your representation is not relevant, you will be advised of this and the reasons why.
If your representation is relevant, and can't be resolved through mediation, a hearing will be arranged so the application can be decided by the licensing sub-committee. You will be advised of the hearing at least 10 working days before the hearing is to take place and will be invited to attend. If you are unable to attend the hearing your written representation will be considered by the licensing sub-committee.
Any person that made a relevant representation can appeal against a decision to grant the licence, against any condition imposed, or decisions regarding variations, licensable activity/activities or premises supervisors. Appeals should be made to the Magistrates Court within 21 days of being notified of the licensing authority's decision.
Problems with a licensed premise
If you are experiencing problems with a licensed premises that can be linked to one or more licensing objectives, for example noise disturbances or anti-social behaviour, you may be able to submit a request for the licence to be reviewed.
Submit a review application
You must provide evidence of the problems that you are experiencing. We recommend that you contact us to discuss your concerns before submitting an application.
If a review is held and you are unhappy with the outcome, any party to the review application may appeal the decision. Appeals should be made to the Magistrates Court within 21 days of being notified of the licensing authority's decision.