Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Riding establishment licence

If you run a riding establishment (where horses or ponies are hired out for riding or used for riding instruction) in England, Scotland or Wales, you need a licence from the local authority.

Eligible applicants must be over 18 years of age, must pay the required fee and comply with any conditions attached to a licence.

The applicable regulations are the  Riding Establishments Acts 1964.

Rate this page

Have some feedback?

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.