Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Christchurch and East Dorset caravan site licence

All caravan sites whether touring, static holiday or residential, require planning permission.

Once planning permission has been granted a site licence must be obtained from the council.

Licence summary

There is no fee and licences are renewable on change of site licence operator, operator address and number of pitches. The licence will have conditions attached which must be complied with. They are usually based on model conditions issued by central government but may have slight variations. The site licence and its conditions must be prominently displayed at each site.

Contact us if you require a copy of the site licence and conditions for a particular location.

The legislation applicable to this licence is Caravan sites and Control of Development Act 1960.

Apply for a caravan site licence

You can apply for a licence or notify us of a change to an existing licence on

You can also complete the caravan site application form and return it to us.

Refused applications

You are advised to take up any issue with your local council first.

If you are a licence holder and you are refused an application to alter a condition, you may appeal to the local Magistrates' court. The appeal must be made within 28 days of the written notification of the refusal and a notice of appeal must be served on the local district council.

Rate this page

Have some feedback?

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.