Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Christchurch and East Dorset gambling licences

You need a licence for the following activities in Christchurch and East Dorset, which are regulated under the Gambling Act 2005.

Premises licences


  • adult gaming centres

  • bingo premises

  • betting offices (including tracks)

  • casinos

  • licensed family entertainment centres



  • club gaming

  • club gaming machines

  • gaming machines on alcohol licensed premises

  • prize gaming

  • unlicensed family entertainment centres



  • temporary use

  • occasional use


  • small society lottery registrations

Licensing policy

The statement of licensing policy gives details of how we will consider applications and notices in respect of the above activities:

Licence fees

View the licence fees:

Register of licensed premises 

View a register of the current licences granted:

Responsible authorities

View the responsible authorities for East Dorset District Council

Rate this page

Have some feedback?

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.