Superfast Dorset Community Broadband Fund
The community broadband fund is currently on hold while we process the existing applications. Other schemes are available to help communities fund superfast broadband connections. If you would like to discuss these please contact us
We want to work with communities without access to superfast broadband (download speed of 24Mbps or more) and where there are no plans to provide it. Check your broadband status before contacting us.
Through our Superfast Dorset Community Fund we may be able to co-invest with your community if this is the case.
The following conditions apply:
- your community must be outside current plans and have no access to superfast broadband
- funding will not be allocated to planned or partially built premises
- funding will be allocated based on the number of eligible premises ("white" in the latest speed & coverage template) uplifted to superfast broadband services
- support funding will be allocated up to a maximum of 50 per cent of the required gap funding (community contribution) as identified in a supplier quotation
- support funding will be capped at a maximum of £1,500 per eligible premise. All bids are subject to assurance and value for money tests
- we may check if any other network providers have plans to deliver superfast broadband services in the coming 12 months
If your community is interested, send us an initial email:
We will check eligibility and may register your community’s interest on the BT Community Fibre Partnership website in order to get a quotation for the required work. If your proposal is accepted a letter will be issued confirming the Superfast Dorset Community Broadband Fund offer, which will be valid for 60 days.
Your community will then be required to pay its contribution to Dorset County Council (the managing body for Superfast Dorset). Once the council receives payment in full, the Superfast Dorset project team will initiate the project. You will be kept informed of progress by the broadband provider’s community liaison team.
Advantages of the fund
Benefits of the Superfast Dorset Community Fund are:
- reduces your community’s contribution by up to 50 per cent
- no need to set up a separate legal entity to contract with the broadband provider, Dorset County Council will do this
- maintaining the new infrastructure will be the responsibility of the broadband provider
- project management is undertaken by us
- no upfront survey fees
Funding will be allocated on a 'first come, first served' basis.