If you know someone is being abused, or think they may be, call:
- Dorset Direct on 01305 221016 if you are a member of the public or 01929 557712 if you are a health or care professional
- Borough of Poole Adult Social Care help desk on 01202 633902
- Bournemouth Care Direct on 01202 454979
If it's outside of normal office hours, please call the out of hours service on 01202 657279.
If you think someone may be at immediate risk of harm contact the police by calling 999.
You can also tell a health or social care worker such as a social worker, nurse, doctor or occupational therapist.
What happens when you report abuse
If you report abuse to us we:
- take your concerns seriously
- deal with the matter sensitively
- make sure the person is safe
- investigate the situation fully
We ask you to provide a name and contact details in case we need to get in touch to ensure we have all the information we need to keep the person safe.
Rogue doorstep traders
We have information about rogue traders including how to get a sticker for your door to deter doorstep sellers.
Keeping safe online
Get Safe Online has information and advice about how to stay safe online, avoid online scams and how to protect your computer.
Age UK has information for older people about internet safety.