Independent Living Centres
If you're not sure what equipment might help you, you can visit an independent living centre. Expert staff at the centre can help you and your family or carer choose the best equipment to meet your needs. You can see and try different things and sometimes even borrow small pieces of equipment to try at home before you buy. They can also provide information and advice on suppliers and services.
There is a wide range of products for you to look at and try, including:
- bathing and showering aids
- riser-recliner chairs and armchairs
- wheelchairs, scooters, and walking aids
- meal preparation, feeding and drinking products
- beds and associated items
- clothing and personal care products including toileting, washing, dressing aids
- moving and handling equipment
- telecare solutions
The centre does not sell anything so the information and advice they provide is impartial and free and you will be under no pressure to make a decision.
The Mi-Life Greenwood Centre is open for visits by appointment only on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 9am to 4pm and Fridays 9am to 1pm.
The Centre is a level access building and has parking (including disabled parking) spaces. It's wheelchair accessible, with an adapted toilet.