Learning disability - employment training and support
Information on the services that are available to adults with a learning disability wishing to access training or employment.
Vocational Services helps people with a learning disability find and sustain paid work. We provide services in various locations across Dorset.
You can join Vocational Services if you:
- are 16 years or over and of current working age
- live in Dorset (not Bournemouth or Poole)
- have a diagnosed learning disability
- are motivated and committed to work on new challenges
- have a Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) or a social care supported assessment
- are not supported by another employment agency
- provide a signed confidentiality consent form
- provide your National Insurance Number
We can help you to:
- identify your skills and strengths
- identify your training needs
- look for jobs, fill in application forms, put together a CV
- prepare for interviews
Once you are in a job, we will keep in touch with you and your employer to make sure things are running smoothly.
If you would like help from Vocational Services, please ask your social care worker or support worker for a referral form.
Interested in working in an office environment? Office4You is a work experience project based in Wareham, offering adults with a learning disability the opportunity to gain office and IT skills and training.
The project runs on Tuesdays from 9.30am to 3pm.
Contact your local Vocational Support Officer