Safe and Independent Living (SAIL)
SAIL offers Dorset residents a wide range of FREE support, services and information to help keep people safe and independent in their own homes.
The type of help available includes:
- fitting free smoke detectors and having a home safety check
- a home energy check and information about grants for insulation
- benefit checks to ensure that people are receiving everything they are entitled to
- debt advice
- information about local social activities such as lunch clubs, befriending and volunteering
- support to stay healthy including falls prevention and help to stop smoking
- equipment and advice for those with sight and/or hearing problems
- help with maintaining your home
There is no obligation to accept any advice or service offered and no charge is made by our partners. We currently work with:
- Bournemouth Borough Council
- Borough of Poole
- Dorset County Council
- Dorset Police
- Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Dorset NHS
- Age UK Dorchester
- Citizens Advice
- Dorset Accessible Homes Service (DAHS)
- Dorset Blind Association
- Dorset Partnership for Older People (POPP)
- Help and Care
- Livewell Dorset
- My Health My Way
- Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA)
- Trading Standards
How to apply
Complete our online SAIL form to arrange contact from one or more of our partners. Alternatively, contact Age UK Dorchester, Information and Advice Service on 01305 269444 who will complete a form over the phone.
A relative, friend or neighbour can complete the form on your behalf.
Once completed Age UK Dorchester will liaise with our partner organisations who will then contact you directly.
Any information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence and will only be shared with the partner organisations you have selected.
Complete a SAIL form online