The Care Act - Policies
We have developed a framework of policies to implement the Care Act in Dorset.
Statutory guidance from the Department of Health provides councils with information about how they 'must', 'should', or 'may', meet the legal obligations placed on them by the Care Act and its associated regulations.
Our policies are designed to make sure that we deliver what the statutory guidance says that we 'must' or 'should' do.
We have carried out a review of some of our policies called Making Charges Fairer.
Care Act policies
1. Promoting wellbeing
2. Preventing, reducing or delaying demand
3. Information and advice
6, 10-11 & 13. Self-directed support
7. Independent advocacy
8. Charging and financial assessment
9. Deferred payment agreements
12. Direct payments
14. Safeguarding policy (Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole) SAB multi agency adult
15. Integration, co-operation and partnerships
16. Transition to adult care and support
18. Delegation of Care Act 2014 functions
19. Ordinary residence
20. Continuity of care
21. Cross-border placements
22. Sight registers
23. Transition to the new legal framework
24. Transport charging