Recycle your beverage cartons for a chance to win a year's garden waste collection
The Dorset Waste Partnership (DWP) has launched a competition where residents have a chance to win a fantastic prize, simply by recycling their used cartons.
To promote our carton recycling service, the Dorset Waste Partnership (DWP) is giving away a whole year's garden waste collection service to three lucky winners.
Carton banks are currently at risk of removal from car-parks because they are under-used and often contain incorrect items, such as glass or regular cardboard. This means they are becoming too costly for the DWP's contractors to continue providing. But if we increase the amount of cartons we recycle and stop the wrong items going in these banks, we can hopefully keep them where they are.
To take part in this competition, all you need to do is write your name and email address or phone number on a carton, take it to one of 20 different locations around the county and pop it into a carton bank. One of these cartons will be selected at random each month until the end of June and each winner will receive a whole year's garden waste collection service from the DWP. Terms and conditions apply (please see below).
There will also be a selection of runner-up prizes and all entrants are encouraged to share or post a photo of themselves recycling their cartons to the DWP's Facebook page (opens in a new window) and Twitter account (opens in a new window).
Closing date for entries is Friday 30 June. Good luck!
List of carton bank locations
|Wimborne||Allenview Road car park||BH21 1AS|
|Morrisons Verwood||Chiltern Drive, Verwood||BH31 6UQ|
|Tesco Ferndown||Pennys Walk||BH22 9TH|
|West Moors||Park Way car park||BH22 0ET|
|Corfe Mullen||Towers Way car park||BH21 3LE|
|Sherborne||Newlands North Car Park||DT9 3JQ|
|Co-op Bridport||Sea Road North||DT6 4RR|
|Morrisons Bridport||West Bay Road||DT6 4SB|
|Dorchester||Fairfield Car Park, Weymouth Ave||DT1 1QW|
Weymouth and Portland
|Tesco Portland||Park Road, Easton||DT5 2AD|
|Asda Weymouth||Newstead Road||DT4 8JQ|
|Southill car park||Radipole Lane, Weymouth||DT4 9SS|
|Littlemoor Shopping Centre||Littlemoor Road, Weymouth||DT3 6HP|
|Gillingham||Chantry Fields||SP8 4UA|
|Sturminster Newton||Leisure Centre, Honeymead Lane||DT10 1EW|
|Blandford||Langton Road car park||DT11 7EN|
|Bere Regis||Turberville Court car park||BH20 7LZ|
|Swanage||North Beach (De Moulham Rd) car park||BH19 1PL|
|Wareham||Streche Road car park||BH20 4PB|
|Pitsite car park||Barrack Road||BH23 1PE|
Competition terms and conditions
- Competition is open to all Dorset residents living in the six Local Authority areas the Dorset Waste Partnership services. These include: Christchurch, East Dorset, North Dorset, Purbeck, West Dorset, Weymouth & Portland. Excludes employees and the immediate families of the Dorset Waste Partnership, its contractors or anyone professionally connected with the organisation or partner authorities.
- Name and e-mail address/phone number needs to be clear and easily legible, written directly onto the carton(s) and not with the use of any extra materials, such as stickers or paper.
- By entering the competition, entrants accept that upon depositing the carton(s), the contact details written on the outside of said carton(s) are kept in a non-secure location (the carton bank) and neither the Dorset Waste Partnership or their contractors are responsible for these contact details until collection takes place.
- Winner(s) will be notified by their method of entry within 72 hours of the winner selection date. Following that, the winner has 14 days to claim the prize and supply all relevant detail. If the prize is not claimed within this time, then the Dorset Waste Partnership reserves the right to select another winner in accordance with these rules.
- General: No cash alternative is available in whole or in part. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Dorset Waste Partnership, the prize will only be awarded directly to the three winners. The Dorset Waste Partnership will not be liable for any cancellations, alterations or modifications to the promotion as detailed above or the prizes for any reason which falls outside its reasonable control. Prizes cannot be sold or transferred.
- The Dorset Waste Partnership reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- The Dorset Waste Partnership will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Dorset Waste Partnership, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this competition or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Dorset Waste Partnership reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- By participating in the competition the entrants hereby grant the Dorset Waste Partnership, and assigns the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to photograph and video the participant and assigns the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use, re-use, publish, re-publish, publicly display, perform, transmit, exhibit, and reproduce by name, country of origin, statements, photographs, or other visual representations or likeness, in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with other material, including without limitation, text, photographs, or images, in any medium including, but not limited to the internet and other electronic media, and for any purposes, including but not limited to advertising, publicity, promotion, and trade, without restriction as to manner, frequency, or duration of usage or any other purpose whatsoever in connection with the Dorset Waste Partnership and its services.
- The Dorset Waste Partnership's decision is final regarding the selection of winners and no correspondence in respect thereof will be entered into.
- Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions, or where entrants are found to be abusing the promotion in any way, will result in the disqualification of all relevant entries.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The winning entries will be pulled either from a carton bank within Dorset or at the carton recycling facility by Dorset Waste Partnership staff or their contractors.
- Your details will only be used for the purpose of the competition. By submitting an entry, you consent to the Dorset Waste Partnership processing your personal data for the purposes of carrying out the competition and notifying and advertising the winners. These contact details will be destroyed when the carton(s) is recycled.
- Usual terms and conditions of the garden waste service will apply
- Runner-up prizes will be distributed to a limited number of chosen entrants at the discretion of the Dorset Waste Partnership and/or its contractors.
- The prize of a one year garden waste service will either consist of, at the discretion of the winning entrant:-
- a full years' service starting from 1 April 2018, or
- joining the service at the next available start date, but to only have a free service up to 31 March 2018.
If you do not currently subscribe to the garden waste service a bin will be delivered to your property prior to the agreed start date and must be available for collection after your last collection (providing you don't pay for a following years subscription, in which case you would keep the same bin). Failure to make the bin available for collection may result in the resident being charged for the container.