Changing Places are toilet and changing facilities for the disabled with restricted mobility.
The facilities are for those with:
- Profound and multiple disabilities
- Severe spinal injuries
- Muscular dystrophy
- Multiple sclerosis or an acquired brain injury
and where the disabled person is unable to easily transfer from their wheelchair to a toilet or changing mat without the use of a hoist.
Dorset residents can apply for an access card or fob by completing one of the application forms below:
- Changing Places application form - Dorset residents (pdf, 438kb) (opens in a new window)
- Changing Places application form - Dorset organisations (pdf, 438kb) (opens in a new window)
Further information on the facility available in Weymouth and Dorchester:
- Changing Places in Weymouth (opens in a new window) Weymouth Rescue Centre, Weymouth Esplanade DT4 7AN
- Changing Places in Dorchester (opens in a new window) Dorchester Library and Learning Centre, South Walks House, Charles Street, Dorchester DT1 1EE
More Changing Places facilities are available in Dorset and can be found on the Changing Places UK website (opens in a new window)