Skip Navigation

Child protection and how to report a concern

What you can do if you think a child or young person is being abused or neglected and how you can report any concerns that you have.

To report concerns about a child who does not already have a social worker, please contact our single point of contact.

Report a concern

If you believe a social worker is already involved with the child or young person, contact the worker through the social work team for their area:

If you're concerned that a child or young person is at immediate risk of significant harm, and you believe it requires urgent action, call the Police on 999.

What to report

See the NSPCC website (opens in a new window) for information about the different types of child abuse and what you should do if you're worried about a child.

Dorset Safeguarding Children Board (DSCB)

The DSCB brings together information for:

  • children
  • young people
  • their families 
  • anyone who works with children and families

Visit the  Dorset Safeguarding Children Board's (DSCB) website (opens in a new window) for further advice and support if you have concerns about a child.

Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)

Report any concerns you may have about a child or young person to our single point of contact.

Report a concern about a child.

Powered by GOSS iCM