Curriculum, learning and development
The nursery delivers the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) to support children with:
- communication and language skills
- physical development
- personal, social and emotional development
- literacy skills
- mathematical understanding
- expressive arts and design
- understanding of the world
The nursery use the curriculum throughout the nursery, including in outdoor play activities.
Pastoral care and extra support
The nursery provides support to all children and their families who need it. They work with other professionals to ensure the needs of children are supported. Professionals include:
The staff have great experience working in early years. This includes working with children with:
- learning difficulties
- complex medical conditions
There is a dedicated Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo) within the setting. See the Local Offer to find out about support for children with SEN and disabilities.
Preparing your child for school
The nursery helps prepare children for school by:
- helping them to achieve their early learning goals
- giving them the right knowledge and skills
- working with local schools to support children and their families in the transition to school
There is also a child led transition process within the nursery as children progress from room to room.