Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Child protection and how to report a concern

If you're concerned that a child or young person is at immediate risk of significant harm, and you believe it requires urgent action, call the Police on 999.

For young people aged 18 to 25, see our adult abuse page for contact details.

There is a social worker involved

If you believe a social worker is already involved with the child or young person, contact the worker through the social work team for their area:

Contact details for Social Workers in Dorset
AreaAddressTelephone numberEmail address
Central Dorset (Includes Sturminster, Blandford and Purbeck) Bath Road,
Sturminster Newton,
DT10 1DR
01258 472652
South Dorset (Includes Weymouth and Portland) Jubilee Retail Park,
Jubilee Close,
01305 760139
West Dorset (Includes Bridport, Dorchester and Sherborne) Monkton Park,
01305 221450
East Dorset (Includes Wimborne, Ferndown and Christchurch) Penny's Walk,
BH22 9JY
01202 877445

There is not a social worker involved

To report concerns about a child who does not already have a social worker, or if you aren't sure if there is one involved, please contact our Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub.

What to report

See the NSPCC website for information about the different types of child abuse and what you should do if you're worried about a child.

Dorset Safeguarding Children Board (DSCB)

Visit the DSCB website for further advice and support if you have concerns about a child.

The DSCB brings together information for:

  • children
  • young people
  • their families 
  • anyone who works with children and families

Report concerns about a child's safety

Name: Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
Tel: 01202 228866
Full details for Report concerns about a child's safety

Rate this page

Have some feedback?

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.