Reconfirm your eligibility for 30 hours free or Tax-Free childcare
You must reconfirm your eligibility every 3 months, if you are claiming or have applied for:
You must do this even if your child hasn't started their 30 hours place. You must reconfirm 3 months from the date you applied to receive any extra hours.
How do I reconfirm?
- You will get a text and/or email 4 weeks before your reconfirmation deadline. This will prompt you to log into your Childcare Service account.
- In the account you must go to 'secure messages'. You can access this section at any time. The section on reconfirmation will inform you of your reconfirmation date.
- You can reconfirm your eligibility up to 4 weeks before your reconfirmation date.
The reconfirmation process may differ for some parents. Such as if:
- your circumstances haven't changed you will need to tick a box to confirm this. You will not receive a new code but the existing one will get extended for 3 more months
- your circumstances have changed you must amend and resubmit your details
- you completed your original application over the phone. You will need to phone the Customer Interaction Centre to reconfirm your eligibility
- you currently have a temporary code (these start with 11) you must complete a new application. You must do this through your childcare service account to get a permanent code
How to access your account
If you can't get into your account see our childcare account guidance.
Reconfirm your eligibility
Sign in to your Childcare Service account and reconfirm your eligibility.
What if I miss the reconfirmation deadline?
If you miss the deadline, or if your circumstances change, your eligibility will end. You will get a message to confirm.
You will be able to keep your childcare place for the grace period, after you stop being eligible, to enable you to seek new employment and regain eligibility for the 30 hours funding. You should discuss this with your childcare provider, or contact the Sufficiency and funding team to find out about the grace period.
You'll need to submit another application if you become eligible again after you've:
- fallen out of eligibility
- missed the reconfirmation deadline
You must present your code to your provider again to confirm.