Apply to be on the housing register Dorset Homechoice
You might need help with this from your Personal Adviser.
If you're aged over 18, your personal adviser will help you to find suitable accommodation.
This might involve:
- working with housing services to come up with suitable housing options for you, including supported accommodation if you're not ready or don't want to have your own tenancy
- supporting you to remain with your foster carers in a Staying Put arrangement; this can last until you're 21
- support to access different housing options, including social housing which is managed by us or a housing association
- the Supported Lodgings scheme that helps you find lodgings in a home, with people who can offer you practical and emotional support
- Supported Housing Alliance is a scheme that can provide long-term housing, support and care to help you live independently
- independent housing
- advice about holding down a tenancy, including how to avoid getting behind in your rent or Council Tax payments, paying for bills and budgeting. We know it can be very hard having your own place for the first time; we'll do whatever we can to ease the pressure on you
- practical support with moving into and furnishing and equipping your new home
- support with the cost of your first TV licence
- support to find cost-effective contents insurance to protect your possessions
- providing information about exemptions or discounts on Council Tax
- helping you to claim Housing Benefit or Universal Credit
- supporting you if you have a housing crisis, including helping if you're threatened with losing your tenancy, or if you've lost it
Find out more about housing options on our youth link pages.
Get more advice on housing.