Get help for your family
How can I find help myself?
Our Family Information Service can help you with online information such as:
How can I get help from elsewhere?
Sometimes you may feel you need a bit more help and support. Our Family Partnership Zones can help with this.
Family Partnership Zones
There are 7 Family Partnership Zones across Dorset, which include our Children's Centres. They're made up of different professionals who work together in local communities to make sure you get the right help at the right time.
In some circumstances you may need more specialised services and your Family Partnership Zone team can help coordinate this. They will try to make sure there's a single professional that works with your family. This lead professional means you only have to tell your story once and you have one point of contact.
Family Partnership Zones can:
- bring together professionals to help your child, for example, by working with your health visitor, doctor or school teacher
- provide one-to-one family work
- suggest parenting support courses that could help you and your family
- offer help and advice for more complex needs, maybe you’re concerned about your child’s behaviour, or worried about their development or emotional or mental health
- support young people and teenagers through targeted youth work
- link you to local groups that can support you, including activities at your local Children's Centre
- help your child be ready for school
- help you fill out any relevant forms and paperwork
If you think you might need help, contact your local zone:
Map of Family Partnership Zones
See a map of our zones: