New directory record entry policy
About the Family Information Directory
Our Family information Directory lists organisations that provide services or activities to children, young people and families based in Dorset. Search our directory to see if your service or activity is already listed.
Find your record
Search the Family Information Directory to see if your service or activity record is already listed.
New entry criteria policy
If you would like your service or activity to be included on our directory, please read the following to see if you meet our criteria:
- Services and activities must be for children, young people, parents/carers or professionals working with families.
- Services and activities must be provided within the local authority area of Dorset County Council (unless they meet criteria 4 below).
- Although within the county of Dorset, our directory does not cover services within Bournemouth and Poole (unless they meet criteria 4 below). Search for other local authority Family Information Services.
- Some relevant and established national organisations and out-of-county services, like education settings, can be listed where they provide specialist support for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (for example, Scope and Mencap).
- Providers outside Dorset County Council's area may be included if their services are likely to be used by Dorset children and young people with SEN and disabilities. This could be provision in a further education college in a neighbouring area or support services for children and young people with particular types of SEN that are provided jointly by local authorities.
- You must review and update your directory record at least once a year or listings may be removed.