Ofsted SEND re-visit
In 2017 Ofsted and the CQC inspected services for children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in Dorset.
After the inspection we were told that:
- education, health and social care needed to work better together and take responsibility for making life better for children and young people with SEND
- we were taking too long to turn statements of special educational needs into education, health and care (EHC) plans and to complete new EHCPs suited to each child or young person's needs
- parents and carers were worried about delays in getting help, not getting enough support or information and not being involved in making decisions about their children
- not doing enough to check how well we were doing, or to challenge and support organisations to do better
We were asked to produce a plan called a written statement of action to set out what we were going to do to improve.
Ofsted and the CQC are re-visiting us between 11 and 13 February 2019 to see what progress we're making.
Parents and carers have the opportunity to take part in this re-visit in 2 ways. You can:
- book a place at the Ofsted and CQC open meeting for parents and carers on Tuesday 12 February from 6.30pm to 8pm at the Dorford Centre in Dorchester. This is an opportunity for you to let the inspection team know if sufficient progress has been made in the areas of weakness described above