There are many activities in Dorset for children and young people which include:
- activities for all children, young people and families
- those who offer extra support for those who need it
- specialist activities for children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) or complex needs
- weekend and school holiday activities
- short breaks for families with children and young people who are disabled
Find out more about activities and short breaks in Dorset in the video or within the video transcript.
Activity providers in Dorset
There are lots of activity providers with trained, experienced, and caring staff. They can make sure your child has a great time and can give you the chance to have a break.
Many providers can support children and young people with a wide range of special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND). These might include:
- communication problems
- mobility difficulties
- learning difficulties
- behavioural problems
- sensory impairment
- physical needs
- complex health needs
Help with the cost of activities
You may be eligible for funding or discounts which you could use towards the cost of activities. See our money section to see what is available
If you are eligible for and registered with the Xchange, you could get a Dorset Max Card. This gives your child and one other person free or discounted access and benefits at a range of organisations and venues in Dorset.
Search for activities in our Family Information Directory
Find activities for term time, school holidays and regular slots in the Dorset Family Information Directory.