0 to 25 SEND Assessment Team
The 0 to 25 special educational needs or disability (SEND) Assessment Team is a local council service responsible for:
- coordinating education, health and care (EHC) needs assessments
- producing EHC plans
They work to statutory guidelines as set out by:
- the Education Act 1996
- the Children and Families Act 2014
- the SEND Code of Practice: 0 to 25 years
The role of the team is to:
- arrange the placement of children and young people with EHC plans (or statements of SEN) in school
- make arrangements for any special provision to meet the children and young people's needs
- oversee the annual review process
Members of the 0 to 25 SEND Assessment Team
The 0 to 25 SEND Assessment Team is made up of SEND planning coordinators and planning and review officers.
Planning coordinators oversee EHC needs assessments and write EHC plans. They work with families to make sure those with EHC plans have the right support and school placement. See a list of planning coordinators in Dorset. Call the SEN team for information about your planning coordinator.
Planning and review officers are responsible for converting statements to EHC plans. They will discuss this at the transfer review meeting and will write an EHC plan following this meeting.