Dorset Special Educational Needs Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)
We're a free, impartial and confidential service that provides information, advice and support to:
- children and young people aged from 0 to 25 with special educational needs and/or disability (SEND)
- parents and carers of children and young people with SEND
We also work with:
- the local council in Dorset
- education and training providers
- the voluntary sector
- other agencies
We aim for parents and carers, children and young people to play an informed part in:
- planning provision
- agreeing outcomes to meet SEND
What support we can provide
SENDIASS officers are trained in SEND. They will help you:
- to express your views for assessments or meetings
- to find other support
- if there's a disagreement
- by listening to your concerns and talking to you about your choices and options
Resources and support services
See resources and other services for more support.
Listening to you
We also offer information on what to do if you have a concern about a child or young person.
We can feed back your views about the Local Offer for SEND children and young people in Dorset to the local authority.