Help finding work or training
Who can help me to find a job, apprenticeship or traineeship?
People and organisations that can help you find a job include:
You can also search for jobs yourself by:
- searching online on sites such as GOV.UK JobSearch and Indeed
- contacting local employers and companies. Some employers do not advertise or may not have apprenticeship placements but they may be willing to set one up for you
- checking local job boards
- looking in your local newspaper
Your local Jobcentre can:
- help you search for jobs
- help you develop new skills
- tell you about disability friendly employers in your area
- discuss other support options
The job centre can assign you a specialist work psychologist. They can carry out an 'employment assessment' of:
- your existing skills and experience
- what kind of roles you're interested in
Find out about jobs, apprenticeships and traineeships
See our jobs for young people page for more information.
See our apprenticeships and traineeships page for further information including:
What support can I get into work and in work?
There are several schemes to support you into and in work. These include: