Volunteering for young people
Volunteering means you can:
- meet new people and make friends
- gain skills for work and life
- improve your job prospects
- find out more about work you may be interested in
- gain confidence and self-esteem
Find volunteering opportunities
Find out about volunteering opportunities at:
Courses that can involve volunteering
The Duke of Edinburgh's Award
The Duke of Edinburgh's Award gives young people aged 14 to 24 the chance to develop skills for work and life. You can take part in a range of activities, including volunteering, that lead to achieving an award.
The Prince's Trust
The Prince's Trust helps young people aged 13 to 30 get into jobs, education or training. The Trust can help find a programme to support you, including community volunteer project work and work experience.