Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Council Tax bands and charges 2019/20

Full Council Tax charges

This includes the charge from your town or parish council.

See the full Council Tax charges

Download the full Council Tax charges in Excel

Parish council charges

This is how much your town or parish council charges you, depending on your Council Tax band.

See the parish council charges

Download the parish council charges in Excel

See a breakdown of gross expenditure, income and the budget requirement for town and parish councils with precepts over £140,000. 

I don't know my band

You can search for your Council Tax band on the central Government website.

Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole

The Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council websitehas Council Tax information for residents in those parts of Dorset. 

What your Council Tax pays for

Your Council Tax funds a range of services from:

Charges breakdown for each organisation based on band

Please note that these are your charges before the addition of your town or parish council charge.

Charges breakdown for each organisation based on band
Organisation / BandBand A (£)Band B (£)Band C (£)Band D (£)Band E (£)Band F (£)Band G (£)Band H (£)
Dorset Police & Crime Commissioner 153.72 179.34 204.96 230.58 281.82 333.06 384.30 461.16
Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service 49.91 58.23 66.55 74.87 91.51 108.15 124.78 149.74
Dorset Council 1,018.48 1,188.23 1,357.97 1,527.72 1,867.21 2,206.71 2,546.20 3,055.44
Adult Social Care Precept 68.02 79.36 90.69 102.03 124.70 147.38 170.05 204.06
Total 1,290.13 1,505.16 1,720.17 1,935.20 2,365.24 2,795.30 3,225.33 3,870.40

Council Tax appeals

Find out how to challenge your Council Tax band

Adult social care authorities

The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government has made an offer to adult social care authorities. ("Adult social care authorities" are local authorities which have functions under Part 1 of the Care Act 2014, namely county councils in England, district councils for an area in England for which there is no county council, London borough councils, the Common Council of the City of London and the Council of the Isles of Scilly.)

The offer is the option of an adult social care authority being able to charge an additional "precept" on its council tax for financial years from the financial year beginning in 2016 without holding a referendum, to assist the authority in meeting expenditure on adult social care. Subject to the annual approval of the House of Commons, the Secretary of State intends to offer the option of charging this "precept" at an appropriate level in each financial year up to and including the financial year 2019-20.

Rate this page

Have some feedback?

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.