Audit and Governance Committee - Purbeck
Information about Purbeck District Council's Audit and Governance Committee, including its responsibilities, the membership of the Committee, meeting dates, and agenda, reports and minutes of its meetings.
The role of the Audit and Governance Committee
The Audit and Governance Committee has responsibility for:
- the council's governance and control arrangements, including risk management, agreeing the annual corporate governance statement, and anti-fraud and anti-corruption arrangements;
- reviewing the council's risk management arrangements, including risk management policy, strategy and corporate risk register;
- reviewing the effectiveness of internal and external audit;
- scrutinising treasury management activities;
- monitoring compliance with the council's Financial Procedure Rules and Contractual Standing Orders; and
- carrying out community governance reviews.
Membership of the Committee
Members of Purbeck District Council's Audit and Governance Committee (11) for 2018/19:
Audit and Governance Committee meetings will be held at 2.30 pm in the council chamber at Westport House (unless stated otherwise on the agenda for the meeting) on the following dates:
2018/19 municipal year
- 22 May 2018
- 24 July 2018
- 23 October 2018
- 22 January 2019
- 26 March 2019
Agendas and minutes
View agenda papers and minutes for Audit and Governance Committee meetings:
If you would like to view agendas and minutes of meetings for previous years please contact the Democratic and Electoral Services Manager.
Public participation time
The council welcomes attendance by the public at its meetings. Public participation time, which takes place at the beginning of each meeting, is an opportunity to raise issues of concern or interest. Find out more about public participation time at the council's meetings.