Lodmoor Country Park Facilities and Features
- a small cafe provides refreshments for visitors to the park
- The Lodmoor pub has a large restaurant but also caters for passing lunchtime trade
- picnic tables and barbecue stands available for the public to use throughout the year
- public and disabled toilet facilities open 24 hours a day all year round are available to visitors
- the park is wheelchair accessible and level but with informal gravel pathways
- pay and display car park provides ample parking for cars and coaches
A grassed area is available for a variety of events including car rallies, summer fayres, circus shows or private parties. If you'd like to host an event at Lodmoor, please email TWilliams@dorset.gov.uk
An outdoor gym comprising of 21 pieces of cardio fitness, muscle toning and stretching equipment is located at five different stations set around a two km trail of the Country Park. The equipment is free to use, is suitable for all ages and fitness levels and no experience is necessary.
Children and young persons under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
Pirate ship play park
A large timber galleon play ship which caters for children aged 5+ and bird's nest swing.
Children's green gym
A timber green gym made especially for children has been introduced adjacent to the pirate ship play park.
Lodmoor RSPB nature reserve
A nature reserve is adjacent to Lodmoor Country Park with observation hides and display boards giving details of the sea marsh birds that visit the reserve. A flat 2.5 km circular walk route around the wildlife area is suitable for wheelchair users.
Sea Life Centre
A six acre Sealife Centreoffering a range of attractions is based at Lodmoor. Not only can you see Britain's largest collection of marine creatures but you can also explore the Tropical Jungle and let the youngsters go wild in Captain Kid's World. There is also a mini-gold course, a Model World as well as a Leisure Ranch with a Cresta Run, Go-Kart circuit and Bumper Boats.
Rio Grande Railway
A model railway circles the events area at Lodmoor and is open to visitors throughout the summer season.
9-Hole pitch and putt
A 9-hole pitch and putt is open throughout the summer season with a large timber galleon play ship and bird's nest swing.