Dinghy park and winter boat park
Information on the Dinghy Park at Mudeford Quay and the Winter Boat Park in Mayor's Mead car park in Christchurch.
There are facilities at Mudeford Quay to store sailing dinghies and tenders all year round.
There are approximately 200 spaces in the Dinghy Park at Mudeford Quay, Christchurch, BH23 4AB. The location of the spaces can be seen in the Dinghy Park Layout Plan.
The main details are:
- the facility is available for dinghies both Monohulls up to 15ft (4.6m) and 14 Multihulls
- the annual Licence runs from 1 November 2018 to 16 October 2019
- spaces taken up after 1 August 2019 will be charged a flat fee for the remainder of the licence period
- launching trailers are permitted but not road trailers
- all boat owners must provide valid marine insurance, including a minimum £1M Public Liability Indemnity
- Dinghy Park is open to all; it is not necessary to have a mooring
- there is no fee reduction for dinghy spaces taken up part way through the licence period, except after the 1 August
Charges (per boat space) for 1 November 2018 to 16 October 2019:
These charges include VAT at 20%.
Charges (per boat space)
|Location within Dinghy Park||Non resident fee||Resident fee|
|Row B to H (Monohulls)
|Row I (Multihulls)
(Please contact the Technical Support Officer for details of spaces available)
A discount of 6% is offered to qualifying Christchurch residents at licence renewal only (not on initial application) and who pay in full within a specified timescale.
In order to qualify for Christchurch Residents discount the licensee must be registered as a person who is liable for the payment of full Council Tax on the property in which they live within the Borough of Christchurch AND be the person whose name appears on the Electoral Register for the Borough of Christchurch at that address.
Winter boat park
There are spaces within a temporarily fenced area of hard standing at Mayor's Mead Car Park, Wick Lane, Christchurch, BH23 1NY, from the beginning of October to the end of March each year. This facility is currently being run by the River Shack, for further details please contact them direct on 01202 489634 or 07575 420222 or visit theirRiver Shack website.
Applications for the dinghy park can only be considered if supported by the following documentation at the time of application:
- completed application form
- appropriate fee (cheques to be made payable to Christchurch Borough Council or payment can be taken over the phone by credit or debit card)
- evidence of Public Liability Insurance, minimum £1M
- colour photo of boat
Full details of the Dinghy Park can be found in the Christchurch Boat Moorings & Storage Leaflet. Please also see the Dinghy Park Conditions & Regulations.