Weymouth and Portland parks and gardens
With 3.6 million residents visiting our 91 hectares of green space each year, Weymouth and Portland's gardens and play areas are the most frequently used leisure facilities in the borough.
From play areas and skate parks to tennis courts and tranquil walks, all ages are catered for. Each year our gardens play host to a number of events, including smaller scale community fairs to open air musical concerts.
View a map of Countryside sites, parks and green spaces in Dorset
Go to the park, share a photo and you could win £100
A competition has been launched to celebrate the beauty of Weymouth and Portland's parks and gardens.
People are being asked to go to one of the borough's parks or gardens, take a photograph and post it on Twitter or Instagram using #loveweyportparks2018 the best snap will be awarded £100. The competition will run until 30 September 2018.
Photographs can also be emailed in to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Parks Photography Competition, South Walks House, Dorchester, DT1 1UZ.
#Loveweyportparks2018 competition terms and conditions
- a single prize of £100 will be awarded to one person who has submitted a photograph taken in one of Weymouth & Portland Borough Council's parks or gardens
- any photographs entered into the competition can be published again by the council either through social media or other channels
- the winner must have entered by 30 September 2018 when the competition ends
- the winner must not be a West Dorset District Council or North Dorset District Council or Weymouth & Portland Borough Council employee, councillor or relatives of either
- no alternative prize will be available
- reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted the prize will be given to charity
- the competition winner will be asked to participate in publicity connected with this competition. It is a condition that the winner agrees to let their photograph be published for promotional purposes if they win
- the council's decision is final and we reserve the right to vary the terms and conditions
Parks and gardens
List of parks and gardens in Weymouth & Portland
Aside from being positioned at the heart of stunning natural countryside and coastline, the Borough of Weymouth and Portland also has an impressive choice of parks, gardens and open spaces offering a variety of free fun and entertainment for everyone to explore and enjoy.
List of Park events - Weymouth and Portland
Weymouth and Portland Borough Council is keen to encourage local residents into the borough's gardens and open space. One way of doing this is to invite local groups to consider our gardens as a possible venue for an event.
List of Friends Groups
The Parks Section works with 8 constituted 'Friends Groups' in the development and management of Weymouth & Portland's Borough Gardens.