Medication foundation courses
This course is accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society for care staff who are new to medicine administration.
The aim of this course is to cover key areas around:
- responsibilities of staff
- medicine types
- routes and how they work
This will also look at safe administration and management of medicines as well as record keeping and dealing with problems.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- define different medicine categories
- describe prescription and labelling requirements
- understand the importance of dosage directions
- safely select, administer, store and dispose of medicines
- maintain accurate records
- recognise some side-effects and what action to take
- describe protocols for homely remedies and "when required" medicines
All care staff who are required to prompt/handle/administer medication and those who are involved with the application of ointments and creams.
All day care, residential, shared lives and reablement from Tricuro can attend the same course.
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course.