Moving and assisting champion refresher courses
A one day training for senior staff who have previously attended the three day champion course.
This course is an intensive practical follow up from the induction training. The course will include active problem solving of real case scenarios, hands-on practice, Q&A and peer support.
The course will enable participants to:
- ensure that champions are up-to-date with their level of competence in the safe and dignified moving and assisting of people
- ensure that candidates are competent in designing safe systems of work such as risk assessments and moving and assisting plans
- ensure that all champions are validating workplace moving and assisting activities within their teams and work with residents and staff in a person-centred way
- empower delegates in mastering their coaching skills, observation and assessment techniques
- ensure that all champions are able to communicate effectively, deliver constructive feedback and produce appropriate action plans
- ensure participants are powerful role models in their workplace who inspire and empower others
Tricuro - senior carers
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course.