Moving and assisting champions courses
To ensure that candidates are competent at designing non-complex safe systems of work such as risk assessments and mobility support plans and ensure that all champions can validate workplace moving and assisting activities of their employees.
By the end of the session participants will:
- understand the principles of safe moving and assisting in the context of the Human Rights Act
- have an awareness of manual assisting as an important health and safety condition
- know the factors that can lead to injury from manual assisting operations
- understand an ergonomics systems approach to risk assessment and design non-complex safe systems of work such as mobility support plans
- become proficient in problem solving different moving and assisting scenarios, including complex situations
- be able to assess the competency of employees and validate their practice in the workplace
- be able to design person-centred care, give good instructions and provide support to staff when working in complex moving and assisting situations
This course is aimed at Tricuro staff.
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course.