Pressure area care and contractures awareness training course
This half day course aims to give an understanding of why people get pressure sores, what can be done to prevent and improve pressure sores and how to record in risk assessments.
The course will also develop learners understanding of contractures.
(0) No courses found
No courses scheduled at this time, please contact us.
- develop understanding of how to help prevent pressure sores
- develop understanding of what puts someone at risk of a pressure sore
- be able to identify early signs of a pressure sore and when to refer to a professional
- develop skills in caring for someone with a pressure sore
- develop skills in recording pressure sores in risk assessments
- develop understanding of Branden scale and Malnutrition Universal screening tool (MUST)
- develop awareness of contractures
Residential Care Assistants/Day Care /Learning Disability Care Staff, Reablement/Community Support Workers, Senior & Non- Senior Staff
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course.