Report fly-tipping in Dorset
Fly-tipping is the illegal dumping of waste on any land. You can report fly-tipping in Dorset online.
If the fly-tipping is on a public highway or public land we will investigate and arrange for the waste to be cleared. We cannot remove waste from privately owned land, as this is the landowner's responsibility.
Those caught fly-tipping can be prosecuted under the Environmental Protection Act 1990. Every year councils spend a considerable amount of time and money removing this waste from the landscape. We will always try to remove fly-tipping as soon as possible. The site will be investigated for evidence and the appropriate legal action taken. If we can trace the persons responsible for fly-tipping we can recover our costs.
Simple rules for reporting fly-tipping
- do not remove any evidence found from the fly-tipping location, for example, addressed letters
- be as specific as possible when describing where the incident has occurred
- if you see the incident occurring do not approach the persons involved
- if you see a person/vehicle involved in an environmental crime take as many details as you can, for example, description of the person or vehicle registration
- you may be asked to provide a witness statement and/or attend court in subsequent legal action
Alternatively, please contact the Dorset Waste Partnership.