Skip Navigation

Health and safety at work

Health and safety at work along with staff welfare and wellbeing is part of good business practice.

Health and safety guidance

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is the national independent watchdog for work-related health, safety and illness. It acts in the public interest to reduce work-related death and serious injury across Great Britain's workplaces.

The HSE website has advice and guidance on health and safety at work

Report an accident at work - employers and self-employed

Employers, the self-employed and people in control of work premises must report certain serious workplace accidents, occupational diseases and near misses to the HSE under The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR).

Report an accident at work

Report a workplace health and safety problem - employees

If you're concerned about a health and safety problem at work you could speak to:

  • the person in charge of the work
  • your employer
  • your union or employee representative

You can report a concern about health and safety at work to us.

If you see something in a workplace that you think is breaking health and safety law and is likely to cause serious harm, you can report it to the HSE.

  1. Email this page
Powered by GOSS iCM