Landlord partnerships and accreditation schemes
We operate a Landlords' Accreditation scheme or similar partnership. The aim is to recognise competent landlords, improve communication and promote good practice in the private rented sector.
Dorset Register of Accredited Landlords
Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, East Dorset and Purbeck
This scheme, is a register of landlords who provide rented accommodation within the above areas only and who are accredited with the National Landlords Association the Residential Landlords' Association Scheme or the National Landlord Accreditation Scheme.
Once a landlord is accredited with one of the these accreditation bodies they will be able to apply for registration with the Dorset Register. Bournemouth Council will co-ordinate the Register including applications and necessary certification on behalf of the partners. The scheme places the emphasis upon the landlord's competency and knowledge of their roles and responsibilities.
Further information and an application form including terms and conditions can be found at Bournemouth Borough Council.
West Dorset District Council, North Dorset District Council and Weymouth & Portland Borough Council
Landlords in West Dorset, North Dorset and Weymouth and Portland have joined together with the local councils to form a landlords partnership.
The landlords partnership recognises responsible landlords who manage good quality accommodation and manage their properties to a good standard.
It's free to join the partnership and once a member you'll get access to a range of benefits.
Benefits of joining
- informative seminars
- free quarterly newsletters
- 10% discount on licencing fees for houses in multiple occupation
- direct responses from staff through a dedicated mailbox
- direct mailings of important updates that affect you as a landlord
- regular Facebook and Twitter updates
- priority access to
- reduced fees for other services will be developed as membership increases
- use of the Partnership logo to evidence your commitment to being a good landlord
Autumn 2018 presentations:
- National Landlords' Association – GDPR for Landlords
- South Dorset Revenue and Benefits Partnership – Universal Credit
- Wessex Resolutions CIC – Landlord and Empty Property Loans
- Monitor BCS UK – Damp – whose fault?
Apply to join the landlords partnership
Complete our short form to apply, we will then be in touch to confirm your membership.