Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Park Homes in Purbeck

Licencing fees

The council's Park Home Fees Policy was reviewed by council in November 2016. It sets out the fees the council will charge following the introduction of the Mobile Homes Act 2013.

Mobile Home Sites

Sites are licensed by the council under the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 The site licence relates to the following areas:

  • density and spacing of park homes

  • road, gateways, paths and hard standings

  • fire safety and fire fighting equipment

  • storage of LPG cylinders

  • electrical installation

  • water, drainage and waste disposal

  • car parking and site notices

Sites are regularly inspected by the council but we are happy to investigate enquiries by residents about their park and discuss the issues with the site owners.

Does Tacit Approval Apply to Park Home licences?

No, it is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard within 28 days, please contact us.

Site Licences

Cauldron Barn Farm Residential Park, Swanage

Hoburne Park, Swanage

Holton Heath Park, Poole

Knoll Residential Park, Winfrith

Organford Manor Country Park, Lytchett Minster

Purbeck View Residential Park, Wareham

Sandford Holiday Park, Holton Heath, Poole

Silent Woman Residential Park, Wareham

Slepe Mobile Home Park, Lytchett Minsterr

The Lookout Holiday Park, Wareham

Upton Cross Residential Park, Upton

Schedule 'A' - Permanent Residential Caravan Sites (this schedule relates to all of the above licences)

Site Rules

Depositing with the Local Authority and the Local Authority Register of Site Rules.

The Mobile Homes (Site Rules) (England) Regulations 2014 prescribe the procedure for the making, variation and deletion of site rules on residential mobile home parks. Site Licence Holders must follow a set procedure for changes to be made to "site rules" for a permanent residential home site.

Once the rules have been agreed, they must be deposited with the local authority we will publish them on our website. Please note that Purbeck District council does not have any enforcement powers to object to site rules and you should seek legal advice if you disagree with rules in place for your site. Advice on site rules can be obtained from Lease - LEASE Park Home Advisory Service Below are the site rules that have been deposited with Purbeck District council.

'Disclaimer' regarding Mobile Homes Site Rules:

All Site Rules received by Purbeck District council are required to be published under Regulation 16 of the Mobile Homes (Site Rules) (England) Regulations 2014. The Site Rules that are published to the Register as required by this Regulation are an exact copy as presented to the council. The council accepts no responsibility if there are errors or omissions regarding the site rules.


1) The Local Authority does not endorse or approve these Site Rules

2) The Local Authority is not responsible for their content or enforcement

Purbeck View Park, Wareham

Cauldron Barn Farm Park, Swanage

Slepe Mobile Home Park, Lytchett Minster, Poole

Knoll Residential Park, Winfrith, Dorchester

Hoburne Park, Swanage

Lookout Park, Corfe Road, Stoborough, Wareham

Holton Heath Park, Holton Heath, Poole

Silent Woman, Wareham

Upton Cross Park, Upton

Buying a mobile home? 

If you are considering buying a mobile home, it is just as important (if not more important) as it is when buying a house that you do the right due diligence checks. We recommend you use a solicitor to help you with this. Guidance on what to check before deciding to buy a mobile home can be found at the LEASE Park Home Advisory Service website. There are also factsheets on buying and selling a home at the park homes pages and from Age UK among others. The following leaflet provides advice on fire safety precautions.


Rate this page

Have some feedback?

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.